The up-and-coming spirit is Tequila and Mezal, and deservedly so. With the range of flavor profiles within the Tequila and Mezcal genre there is a flavor that suits practically everyone.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to confidently read a Tequila label and make the right suggestions for your guest. Whether they want a sipping Tequila or a Tequila based cocktail, you’ll know what kind of Tequila to offer them and why.
By the end of this mini course you will know and understand the following terms and definitions:
- Blue Agave
- By law Tequila ingredients
- Silver, white and blanco tequilas flavor profile and aging requirements
- Gold “Tequila”
- Reposado Tequila flavor profile and aging requirements
- Anejo Tequila flavor profile and aging requirements
- Extra Anejo Tequila flavor profile and aginf requirements
- Mezcal flavor profiles
- Mezcal production (donkeys and fire pits…you’ll see)